Sunday, March 12, 2017

(3/7/05) the 110-vcr deal

(Entered in paper journal at 5:55 AM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

I was in a large house that looks (now) more like a warehouse full of stacks of towels stacked maybe five to twenty feet high. Each stack was a single color, but there were all different colors. I was walking over all these stacks toward a side room that was about half the size and height of this room and dim. The shower was here.

My friend R's girlfriend L ran either to or from the shower and told me she'd be just a moment. She was wearing only a tiny, sea-green outfit, like a tiny bra and panties strung together along her sides. I looked down for a moment, embarrassed. Then I looked back up, thinking, No. If we're living on equal terms, I can't get embarrassed by her normal instincts. But then she was gone.

I stood by some counter that looked like a ticket booth, at the "warehouse" edge of the dim room. I grabbed a towel from a small stack.

Now I was watching some TV commercial as if it were on a movie screen far off. A man stood in the center of the screen, a shoulder shot with a panorama of mountains on either side. He said how if i signed up for this new cell phone deal (which I knew I could not afford) I could get a "VCR." He produced from his pocket something about the size of a 110-film camera with a futuristic, blue-metal casing and a circle of smooth nouveau-style buttons.

I now held one -- possibly I had gotten the deal. I looked into square no bigger than a small camera's viewfinder and saw, far off in the distance, a square on which a movie played. I thought, This'll kill a person's eyes. The movie slowly got closer, until it encompassed me altogether.

I was in a seat the legs of which were beamed together by a wooden board with a rusted metal strip in the middle. I was up in the air, being towed along over a dirt road in a rural farm area by a pickup truck to which I was tied by a rough, thin rope.


No comments:

Post a Comment