Sunday, March 12, 2017

(1/24/05) staircase chases and christmas lights

(Entered in paper journal at 7:20 AM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

I was in a long basement hallway that was full of doors that were widely spaced. I came to a woman who was peering in, either through a door or a wide window like the one outside the room for just-delivered babies. The woman was tall, thin, and Hispanic, with long, curly hair.

The woman asked if she looked good enough to please XXXXX, who wasn't her boyfriend. I got mad that she'd cheat on her boyfriend. I told her I didn't approve. I walked away. She yelled after me, "Okay! Just tell me if I look good in general!"

I headed up some stairs. I kept waiting for XXXXX to come beat me up now that I had insulted the woman. I got up to some flight on the staircase. I white man, kind of thin, balding, walked to the stairs, passed me by, leered worthlessly at me, and passed on. I caught up with him just as he started going down.

Somehow I was now on a different staircase. I had to get to the bottom and the front door before the white man, who was still using the first staircase, to show him I wasn't worthless. The staircase was weird, with wood walls lined with turquoise paint.

I eventually jumped whole twisting flights of stairs, speeding down the staircase. But I was afraid that if the white man found out I was doing this he'd learn to do it, too, and beat me.

I was now at the very bottom, which I thought was one floor too low. But somehow I did get outside. But the person I was now waiting for was my crew mate KB. She had done something almost heroic, maybe also a bit defiant, in a sexy way. I was jealous of her.

I flew up the wall of the building a couple floors, just to below a window, and hid right against the concrete surface. Now it seemed that I was partly KB, or that I had taken her rebel qualities. I crooned out all about not caring about anybody and just wanting booze and pot all the time.

There was a fire truck below me. Someone walked around the corner of the building. Thinking this was someone I didn't want to see, I flew away. I went to a front yard with a strange couple of shapes made of Christmas lights. One shape was all colored lights. The other was all white lights.

Two ladies stood talking in the yard by the light shapes. They were saying things to discourage me, possibly because I could fly and/or I wasn't a lady. I kept flying around and into the lights, doing flips and loops, thinking some secret would be revealed in the lights.

I was trying to show the ladies that I wasn't bad. But I was also trying to hide from the ladies so they couldn't take my power of flight away.

One of the ladies may have been my mom. At some point I thought all of this was very reminiscent of Fellini.

No comments:

Post a Comment