Saturday, March 18, 2017

(12/14/04) raw chicken cat; unprofessional poor boy

(Entered in paper journal at 7 AM at Utica and Eastern Parkway in Brooklyn.)



Dream 1

I was in a dim living room with my friend R. I feel like I was lying sideways on a couch that was kind of ragged and worn and rough. A cat was jumping from table to table and R's dog was somewhere around. I don't know if I could really see R.

R spoke about feeding his dog raw chicken meat all the time. He said the dog was acquiring more and more taste for raw meat. I told him, "I hope she doesn't eventually mistake the cat for a piece of raw chicken meat and kill her to eat her."

The cat was now long and thin, stringy, as if she had been starved or as if she had starved herself. I thought something like, That can't be the cat. Before, she had been full, and her fur had been bright orange, not dull and short.

The cat jumped at me, to attack. I feel she may even have jumped into my mouth.

Dream 2

One of the NYC Parks supervisors, DT, told me he would give me a ride home. It was night. I was in some lonely downtown area of a place, like Denver's downtown area had been a few years previously. I walked down some sloping streets with buildings and empty lots or parking lots.

I'd promised DT I would bring him water to repay him for helping me home. So at some point I carried two glasses, a tall glass and a short glass. The short glass may have been wider. The tall glass was upright. The short glass was upside down and held base-to-base with the tall glass.



The tall glass was almost full of water. I was supposed to have bought DT some bottled water. For some reason I couldn't do that, so I had just brought the glass of water.

As I continued walking I spilled the water and got the glass a little messy. Now either DT pulled up or I walked to a strangely shaped parking lot, possibly all asphalt or part asphalt and part dirt. I think there was also a hill I walked up.

I gave DT the sloppy cup of water and told him my situation. He acted like it was all okay and drank part of the water. He then made some excuse so he wouldn't have to drink the rest.

I got into DT's SUV. As we drove the time switched to midday. We drove along an area like Colfax Avenue in Denver, near my mom's house. We stopped at a smallish, kind of run-down house. All the way there and while we were in the house I told DT about my Americorps experience, living stipends, etc. DT said he understood, but couldn't do much, etc.

I continued talking as we stood in a horribly messy kitchen. DT spoke on the phone. He interrupted me to tell me he could no longer have me here. Wasn't someone going to come pick me up? I said yes, that XXXXX (MP?) was coming in his SUV.

I could tell DT only wanted me gone because I had been unprofessional. So now I tried to act more balanced and professional. But DT wasn't listening. He just said he'd consider what I'd said.

No comments:

Post a Comment