Sunday, March 12, 2017

(2/22/05) distorting the rolling stones; planetree and buildings

(Entered in paper journal at 6 AM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

I was working on some photograph of the "Rolling Stones" standing on a dirt (?) road in a brightly yellow-green stand of trees. The photograph was probably on a television screen, although the screen worked like it was attached to computer equipment.

All four "Stones" looked normal, none really drawing attention to himself. In fact, the only one whose face even looked recognizable was Mick Jagger. I had gotten word, though, that Mick wanted the picture changed, as he felt he stood out too much from everyone else. So I was now working on the photo.

A couple people with me were getting bored -- I had come up with no ideas. They both got up to leave. Suddenly I got the idea to bend everybody's image out of shape and digitally alter their facial features. But I would leave Mick alone and let him sink into the background.

I drew rhomboid (?) polygons around the other three band members. The polygons stretched up into the trees in the image. I then enlarged the band members' bodies, especially their heads, into the entirety of the polygons. I and the two people beside me were entertained by this process -- each enlargement seemed to match the respective band member's personality.

I now started to work on the far left band member (Mick Taylor?), who looked like a long-faced biker balding on the forehead and with smoky blue-tinted eyeglasses. I added these rug-like, pale tan, almost paint-like, coils and mounds of hair on his head.

The people said, "Okay. That looks great so far. But we should really go get some lunch."

I wanted to save what I had because I knew I'd forget it. So I took a videotape and fast-forwarded though it to get to a part I could save on. There was a movie on the tape, but right in the middle of the movie was a blank spot just long enough to store all the information on the photograph. Fast forwarding through the movie, I became interested in it. I pressed play.

It was night in the movie. There was smoke everywhere, lit up yellow and orange and tan and purple and grey. There was a fallen water tower and frames of fire-gutted suburban houses.

I was now in the movie. A house was burning. A white woman with deep, black eyes, pale skin, and short, silky hair, and wearing a white t-shirt and white pants, stood by a car. She was accusing me of having made things bad between her and her lover. I may actually have done this.

I was slightly afraid of the woman. But I also didn't really care. I thought she might use her husband's or her own social position against me.

She walked away. I now saw her half-smashed by some fallen roof beams. I thought she was on the brink of death. There was a ton of blood, somewhere, but nowhere that I could see on her clothes. I was scared and disgusted.

I may have offered help. The woman looked up at me and told me to leave her alone. She was still going to look for "him." She couldn't stand. Her legs were smashed. I watched her pull herself away, slither down the street.

I thought, Doesn't she know she might die before she reaches "him?" She barely stands a chance!

Dream 2

I stood before a beige-yellow-painted building that stood directly beside a red-brick-colored concrete building. The yellow-painted building took up most of my view. The red building maybe occupied the very left one-fifth.

The yellow-beige building glowed softly in soft daylight. there was a white, white-framed door in the center, at the top of a concrete "double ramp" of three-steps on each side. Possibly three square, white-framed windows line out to the left.

A London planetree branch hung low out left, just above the row of small, square windows. The limb was smooth and fairly even, though dotted all along with sprays of branches and buzzy-backlit seed balls, almost like a quaintly decorative wreath. I may have caught a glimpse or shadow of a smaller, thinner, more vertical, mottled tree in front of the red building.

I told myself to remember this vision -- like I was awake and out on the street!


No comments:

Post a Comment