Monday, March 20, 2017

(11/4/04) christian scott weiland songs; i don't remember new york; can't afford a plane ticket; anime soccer

(Entered in paper journal at 10 AM at the Tea Lounge on Union Street and 7th Avenue in Brooklyn.)

Dream 1

I was in a large, dark sanctuary area full of kids partying like at a rock concert. On stage was a band with a singer who looked like Scott Weiland.

I must not have been able to "get" the songs, though I was singing them, because at some point I realized this was all a Christian event. I felt ill at ease, like I couldn't possibly sing these songs because I truly had no idea what they were about or what their words were. I knew I could never be a rock star.

The band left the stage and then came back in. this time they sang "Sour Girl" by Stone Temple Pilots. I turned to some male friend of mine, possibly my cousin and best friend PS, and excitedly grabbed his arms or gave him five.

But when I tried singing the song I realized I didn't know the words to this song, either. I didn't even know the title. And I sang way out of tune, in an awful, pinched voice.

Dream 2

I stood outside on some street corner and possibly at the foot of stairs leading to an elevated train platform. The place looks slightly like Harlem. It was a sunny, clear day.

Two black women, like a mother and daughter, stood by me. The mother told me something like, "Don't worry. You're in the right place. This train goes straight to town."

We were now on the train. I lost track of them. The train ran along high enough to seem to run along the tops of the buildings. Some white woman spoke to someone on a cell phone, saying, "I don't remember New York being like this. The arrangement of buildings surprises me."

We were now pulling into Port Authority, like we were pulling directly into the second floor balcony area, right next to the post office. It still felt like buildings were somewhere inside the building. I thought, I don't remember the trains being this way, but how convenient.

I could sense my mom and Grandma Pat waiting for me at the top of an escalator at the end of the train. I stood up and walked toward the door. I turned around when I realized I'd left my backpack. I went back but couldn't remember exactly where I had been sitting. I think the train was back outside.

Dream 3

No vision. I spoke to my grandfather on the phone. I told him I was planning to come to Denver for Christmas, but that I had to make some money first. He said, "If you can't afford a ticket, we'll send you one."

I said, "Okay. That may need to happen."

I then realized he and I were communicating telepathically. I didn't want him to read any of my angrier thoughts. So I told him I had to go. He said okay.

The vision became slightly purplish and textured like a rough, splayed-open organ with a mound and a hole at the top of the mural. A cord like an umbilical cord sucked back down into the hole with a grainy, muddy slurp.

Dream 4

I stood in something like a belt-rope line at the edge of some carpeted area that was supposed to be a soccer field inside something like an arcade place for kids. A bunch of kids played soccer.

I was looking for my oldest nephew. I looked among all the players. They all wore these cardboard, squarish costumes with very fine and flashy graphics to make them look like anime robots. They may even have been on wheels: small, Tonka-truck-like wheels. The kids even had their hair spiked out or gelled down like anime and manga characters. I thought, Anime has made more things than just anime popular. It's also made sports like soccer and basketball popular.

Not finding my nephew I turned away from the field. I looked down the empty line to a mom and a kid in a stroller. The kid was doing something cute. I laughed at first. But then I stopped laughing when I saw that the mother thought I was some kind of pervert. I now looked up the line and saw my mother, my grandmother, and my nephew all waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment