Monday, March 13, 2017

(1/16-17/05) i was a scout; may the force be with super kmart

(Entered in paper journal at 11:25 PM, 1/16/05, at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

Entire battled carried out in room as if one person stood for many troops. I was a scout.

(Entered at 6:15 AM, 1/17/05, at home in Harlem.)

Dream 2

I went to a movie with one of my friend R's gay male friends. I sat there before the movie started, acting upset that R and others hadn't showed up. They hadn't showed up, I now knew, because they had hoped the guy would hit on me. Then R sat in the seat in front of  me. I couldn't see him. I couldn't see over the seats. I was as short in them as a five-year-old.

My foot was in the crack of the seat. R said something weird about getting my foot out of Virginia. Everybody around me laughed. I felt stupid, especially at having that be R's greeting to me.

Everybody around me shouted a similar phrase back at R, but mumbling, as if they weren't sure it was a good idea to do so. R got upset. I, normal height now, tapped R on the slope between his neck and his left shoulder and laughed a gentle laugh.

We were suddenly walking through a Super Kmart-type store that sold clothes, groceries, etc. I passed a black and red, wide-mesh crocheted (knit?) outfit.


I thought of how much I wanted it. But I wondered what everybody else would think of me if I took it.

I then saw a feminine, shawl-style poncho with a hood (?!), made of wool, grey with pink, thin, wide, square designs, fall off a display shelf and onto the ground. I grabbed this and put this on, hoping not to look feminine, but to look like Obi-Wan Kenobi in his first scene in Star Wars. I walked up to R, who stood in the checkout line. I said something like, "May the Force be with you." He just smiled slightly.

I walked around the store. A guy I thought was a serious businessman who'd kick my ass because of the way I looked just laughed and said, "Good for you, Force!"

I walked down a frozen food aisle. There were two samples-tables. I walked to the first one and said my Force thing. I now was wearing a huge, brown robe and yellow, thick, dirty, leather gloves. The man at the table asked me if I wanted to try a sample. He said the first sample, some kind of beef (?) on a Ritz cracker, was too messy. He got me crab salad on a Ritz cracker instead. I took off my gloves to grab the cracker. The table guy was taking all this seriously, as if I were actually the wizard I was pretending to be.

Now I was trapped in some house. I was I was but not I. I kept addressing myself form outside myself as Tom. I had discovered something here and now had to get out and tell people. But I couldn't get out or figure out why.

A dog, possibly my friend R's dog, kept sniffing at the crack between the door and the floor. I thought something like, Just like usual. When she wants to go out, she treats me like I'm being mean. But I'm not being mean. As soon as I get all this taken care of I'll take her out.

I fainted. After this there may have been some strange scene in which I realized something beautiful about Hitler in an almost religious ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment