Monday, March 20, 2017

(11/2/04) isolating diseased fossils

(Dream entered only in daytime paper journal. No time/place info for entry.)

One dream slightly remembered from last night.

Dream 1

I was outside a tall building, possibly in the plot for another tall building. The area was fenced off. Inside were huge dinosaur fossils. Something in these fossils or in other fossils like these ones was causing some kind of terminal disease for people all over America. I think it was something inside the fossils of a certain dinosaur, so that if the fossils broke open, the germ dust would spray out.

I had to inspect these fossils. I was hung down or else I simply hovered over the completed and arranged skeleton, which was maybe fifty feet tall. I could feel the doom and death inside this skeleton. I knew that this thing had to be removed.

Now it seemed like either the skeleton of a building or some kind of parking lot structure was being built or was built around the skeleton. I climbed up this structure, from floor to floor. On one floor, empty otherwise, I found a large dinosaur skull. I could tell that this also was diseased. So I grabbed it by its beak-like mouth and carried it with my left hand as I climbed down the floors somehow with my legs and right arm. The skull was large, maybe four feet long.

The lower floors were like some kind of museum without any discernible exhibits. People saw me scaling down the floors. A lot of them, kids especially, ran to the edges of the floors, which were now barred by metal guardrails. Everybody thought I was bringing down a  new exhibit. They huddled closer to me. But I needed them to get away. The skull was diseased. I needed to get it into an isolated place so I could prepare to remove it.

There was a small square roped off on one of the floors, right at the edge. So I dropped the skull right there. But as soon as I did, a ton of people were running up to it. I picked it right back up and climbed farther down.

Now I was in some smallish room like a mix between a hallway and an employee's lounge. I stood facing a businessman, some kind of upper-middle-management boss. Next to me, possibly standing in the doorway of an elevator, stood a guy who looked something like Joe Strummer (?).

I was trying to convince the boss to let something happen that needed to happen before "JS" could start his mission, as something like a flying soldier fighting against living dinosaur skeletons (by flying I mean that he likely flew with something like a jet pack attached to him).

Somehow, while waiting for this tightwad boss to make his decision, "JS" and I lgot sidetracked by talking about The Clash, whom "JS" also liked. But then he started mentioning all these songs that "were from" London Calling. I didn't know any of them. I pulled the CD out from somewhere and looked on the back for the song list. the whole last two-thirds of the album was unknown to me.

I felt like a moron. I thought that if "JS" discovered how little of this album I knew he'd think I was just some "trendy" who only knew The Clash's most popular songs, like everybody else.

No comments:

Post a Comment