Sunday, March 12, 2017

(2/19/05) stopping my backwards fall

(Entered in paper journal at 11 AM at Starbucks on 43rd Street and 3rd Avenue in Manhattan.)

Dream 1

Afternoon. Slightly snowy. I was on a street corner, in front of an iron-post fence that was about four feet tall. The fence was just a small distance away from a black-painted building-side.

I had (possibly) been on a sidewalk overlooking a street that went down a gentle slope like the main street of a mountain town turned chic and artsy. Now I leaned backwards as if standing on a small, concrete ledge-beam and slipping backward.


I had fallen almost completely down. I stopped myself and levitated myself back up toward the fence. But I only got about three-quarters of the way back to the fence.

I kind of froze. I wondered how I had been able to levitate myself in the first place. Now I convinced myself that I shouldn't be able to do anything like that at all. But I didn't quite admit it because I didn't want to fall down onto the sidewalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment