Saturday, March 18, 2017

(12/21/04) missing person; no more oddball comics

(Entered in paper journal at 6 PM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

I was in some huge, dark forest that also seemed like a basement. I picked up something that "didn't" glow but which I could see in the dark "as if" it did glow. It was a shoe or a rock. But it had a look like a sock puppet painted as a snake. And it apparently also was a snake. But it was also, I learned from some strange narration, the shoe of a missing child or young man.

The narration went on to tell how this missing person had been starved and then frozen, thrown into something icy, either a muddy crevice or a lake or possibly even a glacier. I could now see the body in negative and as if it were standing.

Now the location was certainly a basement with all the lights shut off. But the negative image "glowed" away from me and up an incline in the basement floor. I was now something like the missing person and "myself" going to save the missing person.

I was in a dimly lit basement that had a wide common room that led to a beige or pale orange hallway that almost instantly got dark, though I could see a few doorways to rooms along its walls. I was to go down this hallway as the missing person had. But I knew that "a father" (not necessarily the missing person's father) was lurking in wait. "A mother" was likely also waiting somewhere. They may have been waiting cruelly to kill me. They may also just have been suspicious of me and have wanted to question me to make sure I wasn't trying anything shifty. I didn't go down the hallway. I looked to my right and saw either "a father" or my mother.

But suddenly I was walking through my mom's basement. My brother was missing. We were afraid he'd been killed or that he'd committed suicide. I was sure we'd find his frozen body in the basement.

There was a couch by a wall. Behind the couch, up against the wall, was a huge pile of clothes. I had started yelling, "Brother! Brother!" Now I screamed it as I pulled the shirts off the pile. I found my brother's frozen body. I don't know whether he was dead.

I now sat on a couch in a living room. To my right was my second oldest nephew. To his right was my mom. On the floor, to my left, facing me and playing with some toys, was "my oldest nephew." To his right may have been my sister.

My second oldest nephew said something really intelligent, way above his age group's speaking and cognitive abilities. He then stood up and walked away. I was impressed by what my nephew had said. I asked my mom something about him. My mom may have told me my nephew was twenty-two months old. Now "my oldest nephew" may have looked up and justified why or explained how all this had just happened.

Dream 2

Fragment. I looked at a school desk in an otherwise empty room with wood-lined walls and heavy sun coming in through the windows. The desk had a white top. On it was a date, like "10-20-03." There was an old-days funny-animal comic book drawing, something like Mighty Mouse. Somehow all this made me understand that Oddball Comics was stopping, possibly because Scott Shaw! had died, possibly because Scott Shaw! had simply decided to retire from the comics industry altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment