Saturday, March 11, 2017

(3/16/05) come for the shit; kmart lingerie stalkers; reviving rhinoceros

(Entered in paper journal at 5:53 AM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

I saw my Americorps crew mate MG at some restaurant. He sat at a table over some rice and peas or curry-type meal. A waiter who was extremely tall bent over, his face unseen, and hocked a long, slow, stringy spit onto MG's meal. MG sat there, shocked and amused.

Now it was like I could simultaneously see MG telling me about this meal and having the meal. First he told me about the waiter crapping on his meal.

He said, "This is what you come to the restaurant for, though, is to eat the food however they make it for you."

Now I saw the spit again as MG talked about it.

Dream 2

I was in a store like Kmart. I kept trying ot get to the lingerie section. But some guys were following me around. I wanted to lose them.

Dream 3

I stood on some lake edge boardwalk or covered porch area, looking out at the grey and silver, rippled water. It was a sunny day. I stood with R's friend KZ and some other guy, who was a good friend.

KZ was talking about three screenplays. He was going to produce the first or second one first. It wasn't as good as the first or second one, but it was more budget-friendly as a first movie. Then he was going to produce the XXXXX one, which was actually a good screenplay. But as for the last one (which I felt was the best) -- he didn't know if he even wanted, he said, "To produce a film with a... reviving rhinoceros?"

I generally looked off into the distance as if I had nothing to do with this business. it was like I had nothing to do with it. But the truth was I was key in the creation of these screenplays. I may even actually have written them, though XXXXX was taking credit. The only screenplay I was being recognized for was the "reviving rhinoceros" one, and I was only being recognized for the crazy inventions.

But I was resigned, though slightly resentfully, to all this mistreatment. I don't know how I knew all this "backstory." I just felt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment