Sunday, March 19, 2017

(11/24/04) new york meditation

(NOTE: My first two dedicated dream journals are, apparently, not "complete" in two ways. For some of my dreams, I would record the dream as soon as I woke, but only in an outline form. I would then write out my dream in a full form in my daytime journals. Also, apparently, I did not write all my dreams in my dedicated dream journals. So there are some (I'm not sure how many -- and I hope not many) dreams that are only in my daytime journals. So I need to consult my daytime journals to give a better picture of my dreams during this time period. I will make sure I note when I am consulting my daytime journals.)

(This entry came entirely from my daytime journal. No time/place info on entry.)







Dream 1

I was in New York. Possibly my friend R had done something bad to someone. Possibly he was now hunting after me to prevent me from telling people.

I ended up in some building that at first seemed like an old shop, some kind of tool shop or antique shop. The windows were high up and thin and dusty, like this shop was an old, small, wooden cottage.

Looking outside it was like I saw New York on a warm, sunny, winter day in the 1970s. I crouched down behind some shelves, thinking to myself something like, God, what's happened to the old New York? even the New York I used to know? I want it back.

I turned around. Behind me was a wide staircase that went up about fifteen steps. An oldish, skinny man stood before me. I can't remember now if he wanted to give me food or if he was asking for food. I reacted toward him negatively. Whatever he wanted, I didn't want to cooperate. I didn't want to be involved in a religious situation again, only to be left feeling cold later on.

But a couple other men came up and brought me gifts. They were calling me God, or telling me I was a developing god.



They might not have told me this. I might just have understood that they were thinking it -- possibly just because of the way they were acting toward me. I don't think I necessarily wanted this or believed in it.

I was now sitting on some strange ledge in front of and just to the right of the steps. To my left was a silvery bowl of fruit or some kind of jellied food. To the left of that was a small stack of coins. I sat in a cross-legged meditative posture.



I looked down to the food and coins, then out to the folks sitting on the steps, all in some kind of meditation, though not in a posture. Suddenly my whole spine was electrified brightly. I sat up straight, as if all the feeling of my duty had taken over my body. I began meditating.


No comments:

Post a Comment