Sunday, March 19, 2017

(11/15-16/04) crypt on a cliff; hiding toenails from george w bush; i heard an explosion

(NOTE: As I mention in future entries, by this point I was not recording all of my dreams in my dedicated dream journals. So some of my dreams would be recorded only in my daytime journals. Another complication is that my dreams are not recorded on a daily basis, i.e. I don't always record my dreams punctually, the day after the night I have them. Instead, I might record two or three days' worth of dreams in one daytime journal entry. This is the case below. Where this is the case, and I don't have any dream journal entries to connect my daytime entries to, I will put all the dreams recorded in the daytime journal in one entry and note in the entry header what days the entry documents.)

(Journal entry actually from 11/17/04)

I wrote down the dreams remembered from last night in the Ghost Book. I have a couple other dreams, two from two nights ago and one from -- somehow I just now forgot the one from Sunday night. Nope. There we go.

(11/16/04)

Monday night.

Dream 1

A woodcut, like an illustration on a page. A temple or "vault"/"crypt" on a tall rock-cliff surrounded by other, much taller, cliffs. The ink was greenish, a deepish blue-green. The texturing was very stylized yet naturalistic. The "crypt" was rectangular, tall, narrow, with a triangular roof set on top, with a circle in the center.



Dream 2

I walked into some living room with either a friend or my mother. The room was long and wide, though really tacky, almost like a ski-lodge version of an old trailer home. At the back was a huge, wide, tall window and in front of the window a smallish, round dinner table.

George W. Bush sat at that table, his back to the window. To his right stood some woman who was possibly supposed to be his wife. Bush was also accompanied by a few other folks, some of whom feel like they were security.

I walked up to them, having been brought because I was a "funny guy" or for some strange reason. I sat down beside Bush and said something that immediately set him at ease.

I knew now that Bush wanted to give me some kind of important position. I suddenly realized I had no socks or shoes on. My toenails were all unclipped and ugly. I thought, If I start the job and look like this I'll be ridiculed by everybody.

I had somehow switched seats with Bush. I tilted my feet so I could curl and conceal my toes in the plushy, cheap, grey carpet. I thought of refusing Bush's offer.

Bush suddenly grabbed both my hands and held them up to his forehead, crying. He said something like, "How could they have lost it for me? We're all going to lose it. I've already lost. I can tell."

(11/15/04)

Sunday night.

Dream 1

I may have been driving a car through the city. At some point I saw a diagram of the World Trade Center towers with a tunnel under them. In the tunnel was a lavender-colored, card-shaped rectangle upright and with a purple circle in its center.

The WTC towers had been attacked, but it was also like they hadn't been attacked. But now some women's group was going to "finish the job they had started twenty years ago." Some demands had not been met. They were going to set off the device. I saw a pixelated expansion of lavender and purple squares boggling upward through the outline diagram of the towers.

I, now, driving through the town, had to do something, but I can't remember exactly what. I may have wanted to jet out of there. I may have wanted to go to the women's group and prove that I wasn't at fault so they would not blow up the towers (as if I were in the towers right then). I may have wanted to travel down and disarm the bomb. And I may have wanted to convince myself (and the whole "material" world, somehow) that the bomb hadn't really been set and that nothing was going to happen to the towers.

Then I heard an explosion.


No comments:

Post a Comment