Monday, March 20, 2017

(10/31/04) building overrun by elves; old office politics

(Entered in paper dream journal. No time/place info.)

Dream 1

A large building was being overrun by puny, elf-like creatures of sizes varying from two to twelve inches. All the "normal" people in the building were forced out, though some few people, including a big, strong, shaved-bald man, subdued the elf-like people so that the people who were forced out could come back in.

Somewhere, in the center of a room completely packed with these small, elf-like people, was a column of televisions about six feet tall, three televisions, each of which  were playing different music videos. One was by a childish-looking, skinny, pale, clean-faced, long-haired guy shouting into a big, fuzzy mic like it was an ice cream cone. He sang some song about a woman coming back to him.

Dream 2

I came to Bandelier National Monument on the way to some new position in the area. I was in my old Americorps boss KB's part of the ecology office. There was some third section, opposite the room from the walkway to CA's office. KB had gone in there when I'd come in.

AM (?) sat at a computer. KB was mad at me because I wasn't helping with some project of hers. I tried to explain, either to myself or to AM that I was here to help for the day, but that the project I was going to work on was good and beneficial and hard work in itself.

I looked out the window to some dusty slope that was slightly covered with long tendrils of grey-tan grass made blue by the sunless morning light in the canyon.

KB came in at some point, regarding me friendly but not quite evenly. CA also came in. I think he did something to annoy me. I also think that this entire time I was trying to speak to AM, but that she couldn't hear me, or we weren't in quite the same place.

No comments:

Post a Comment