Monday, March 20, 2017

(11/11/04) trying to get an old friend's attention

(Dream only entered in daytime paper journal. No time/place info given for entry.)

I really can't remember my dreams from last night. I have only a fragment of one.

Dream 1

I walked outside some large stone building in the forest. The land seemed half-developed, like there was a lawn somewhere that gave way to the old doghair (i.e. dead pine needle covering) on the forest ground.

The stone building was like a college hall or college dorm building. In front of it sat a row of young adults. These folks had grown to some height, just a bit taller than I, as if I was still growing through that phase.

I saw my old high school friend DB. He looked like a woman. I wanted to say hello to him, but I thought he might be mad at me for disappeared from his life without having told him anything. So I thought I'd do something to get his attention so he'd come up to me if he wanted to.

There was some weird metal or aluminum track set up on a stand like a wheel-less version of a chute that might load cafeteria trays from the dining room to the kitchen in a dorm building. It was shining and it curved a bit. There was some other structure by it, like a buffet's glass display windows, but I can't quite remember. There were also people walking around, doing some serious business by the track.

I decided I'd clown around by sliding on my stomach up and down the track while all these people were trying to take care of their business. I was now doing this. I "saw" DB laughing. At this moment he looked like a guy again.

Now he and the other young adults walked down some vague path to the front gate, a stone gate, of this land. I followed after them. DB was now like a woman again. I felt about as tall as a three- or four-year-old.

Now my friend R was beside me, I don't know on what side. We seemed to be changing direction as if reality kept reversing itself. R may have always, regardless of this strange reality, stayed on my left side, although I think there was some time during which he was on my right side.

I didn't want to tell R that I was trying to get to DB. I knew R would stop me and try to steal DB from my life.I just kept trying to wander slowly away. I also hoped that DB would turn around and come to me, although I could tell that he/she was looking back toward me and hoping that I would come up to him/her.

No comments:

Post a Comment