Saturday, March 18, 2017

(12/5/04) changing and missing flights

(Entered in paper journal at 9 AM at the Tea Lounge on Union Street and 7th Avenue in Brooklyn.)

Dream 1

I was in some airport. I had had an argument with a woman who was my girlfriend. I was leaving town before she was, heading back to the town where we both lived. But then I found out she'd changed her ticket to a later time.

I decided that I wanted to make up with the woman. So I would take the same flight she was taking. When I went up to the ticket booth my "girlfriend" was standing there. I acted like I didn't see her. I asked if I could change the seating on my flight.

The ticket lady looked at my ticket and told me my flight was for 2:50, and that the flight had already left. I looked at a clock atop a computerized cash register on the counter. It said 3:38. I sighed, sure I had just lost the money I'd put on that ticket for having missed the flight.

The ticket lady said, "I can get you a booking on the 4:10 flight if you'd like." I was relieved , but I also felt bad that I'd have to be on the same flight as my "girlfriend." I didn't want her to feel like I was stalking her.

No comments:

Post a Comment