Sunday, March 19, 2017

(11/22/04) superhero in a burning mine shaft

(NOTE: As I mention in future entries, my earlier dreams were sometimes entered into my dedicated dream journals in an outline style, immediately upon my waking. I would then write out my full dreams in my daytime journal. The dream below is probably the first consistent example of why I am choosing to include both my dream journal entry and my day journal entry. The entries in my dream journals are often only a word or two that stand for whole images, scenes, etc. Where I can, I will give my dream journal entry and follow that by my day journal entry.)

(Entered in paper dream journal at 3:15 AM at my friend R's house in Brooklyn.)

Superhero. Outfits keep changing gets trapped in mine shaft elevator. Calls people don't help. Skin burns. Returns to surface totally covered. God for smalltown people.

(Entered in daytime journal.)

Considering that I can't remember crap from last night's dream in the way of plot I'll just take what's written as sufficient and give the two images I remember. One is the shifting of the hero's costume from Spiderman to some bland or vague image of Spiderman to a character completely shrouded in a deep, cavernous hood and overcoat, almost like a tremendously exaggerated Doctor Doom and one of those red-cloaked sentries from Return of the Jedi. This version of the hero swung a weapon or staff or fetish object down and caused some kind of flames to emerge from it. It felt like there was fire all around.

I also remember running into the mine shaft elevator. I don't know how to explain it, though. It was like fire was already there, but also like it was just starting. It seemed to be started by some honey-like liquid. But as the elevator rose I could see the honey-like liquid seep downward through the floor, which was like a one-inch mat of close-packed or wide-spaced, metallic cylinders like if one looked at the bristles of a modernistic brush. I thought to myself something like, Thank goodness the elevator's going up. That means the fire will move down.

No comments:

Post a Comment