Monday, March 13, 2017

(1/15/05) riverdale; tearing paper poorly; dry fish; throwaway animal; shar pei

(No time/place info for paper journal entry.)

Dream 1

I was in a beige-interior SUV that was supposed to be the crew van for my NYC Americorps crew. I think I sat in the very back. I put the Rolling Stones album Aftermath in the CD player -- I don't know how. I wanted to hear the song "Stupid Girl." But some song was up first.

My crew chief SM did a u-turn. We were driving down a desert road, now back up toward a sharp hill. Everybody shouted, "SM, what are you doing?"

But SM said something like, "No. I'm listening to this song. I like it. I want to hear it all before we stop."

Now we took an exit up the big hill. There was a sign somewhere for Riverdale. Now someone, possibly I, said, "See? Riverdale. We were supposed to do a u-turn and take this exit. Riverdale is where we're going."

Dream 2

I was at a visitor center for a place I think was supposed to be Wupatki National Monument. The visitor center seems to have been at the top of a tall, thin hill. It seems to have been in two or maybe three buildings in a courtyard shape. A huge, bursting garden of dry, deep green and dusty green shrubs filled the yard. There might have been a couple picnic tables. I may have been sitting at one.

My crew mate VT was inside one of the buildings. All the rangers liked her. I felt like they thought I was lazy. Now VT was in the building behind me. This building was more like a shed or a barn, with a beige-adobe look and a brown-painted wood door. VT was helping some rich couple.

Now the wife opened the wood door a bit, laughing. She looked like a tourist. She asked if I had a piece of paper. To prove I wasn't lazy I quickly obliged. I tore a sheet out of my notebook. But she didn't want it -- I hadn't torn the nubs of paper away at the perforations to make the paper neat and straight.


I tried quickly to tear the nubs off, but I ripped the paper. I tried and failed again.

The woman, disappointed, said, "Thanks. I don't need the paper, anyway."

Dream 3

I went on a hike with my old Los Alamos Americorps supervisor, KB, up the slope of a rocky hill covered with short, tough grass. We crossed a river. It was full of grey boulders and was shallow, but it still flowed well. KB stopped here, possibly to do some research. I continued up the hill.

Farther up it was less rocky, almost completely smooth. The river also got deeper. I found one place where I could cross back over again. I went just for fun. It was a thin line of small rocks through which the dammed water poured slowly.

But I stopped mid-way. On the surface of the water a fish skimmed, its skin relatively dry and its pout pressed down to the water. It skimmed back and forth on the surface of the water looking for food. It was colored like a female mallard (?), brown with black speckles all over, then stripes of dull royal blue and black in the center, possibly demarcated by thin bands of white.

I thought I should tell KB about this -- a fish that skims above the surface of the water long enough almost to dry out. But I didn't know if she'd believe me. I also got the feeling that as soon as I left, the fish would disappear.

Dream 4

A couple people had bought two large, crescent-shaped animals. But now they decided they didn't want one. They threw it away by a building under some scaffolding. The animal looked like a fish without any head, fins, or tail (I actually wrote "tale" in the paper journal). It also looked like a balloon or rough-fabric tarp filled with air.

Dream 5

Possibly a dream in which I was petting one or two Shar Pei dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment