Sunday, March 12, 2017

(2/11/05) beaten and gaslit

(Entered in paper journal at 6:20 AM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

It was nearing sunset. I walked down a street with big, garden-like lawns and houses like brownstones. I walked past two kids. One of them threw a grey cobblestone at the back of my head. It knocked me hard. I stumbled and was dizzy without being able to regain my equilibrium.

I thought, with great relief, and only a twinge of fear, that at last I was going to die. But I wanted to kids to learn a lesson about being jerks -- I wanted to be sure they would learn.

I feel like my mom's house was just a few houses down the road. I now sat on a tree stump by the two kids who were in the midst of an under-kept, brambly garden, at a small girl's tea table.

Apparently the kids weren't aware of me. One of them said, "I could tell we got him good because when the rock hit I could see some shit fly out of the zits on his face."

The other kid said, "Yeah. He has a lot of zits, doesn't he? And wasn't it weird how while he walked away he was mumbling, 'This is it. I'm done with all of it. This is the end'?"

I now worried. I thought I had a pretty good memory of everything that happened after the rock had hit me. Now I wasn't sure. Or perhaps I was becoming schizophrenic.

No comments:

Post a Comment