Sunday, March 12, 2017

(1/25/05?) satanic pool; lightning television; tannencock; bad shoes for the marathon

(Entered in paper journal at 1 AM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 1

I don't remember all of it. I flew through some cemetery and avoided the pull of hungry spirits. I might have "remembered" talking to BN about how some insects like to suck your blood. And all of this may have happened twice, too.

I arrived at a Satanic temple. There was a pool or fountain, then a huge balcony of stone with two black, hornlike shapes on the sides of a narrow gate.


Inside the pool was a circle of people in white clothes and a crescent in goldenrod clothes. I said a fighting incantation, which wasn't to the Devil.

Now the first time something different but just as treacherous happened. The second time I called the forces of the people to rise up, to create sky-reaching columns of white and sky-height flowers of gold. But nobody moved.

For some reason I jumped into the pool. Three people had been there to kill me. But now they were my three female friends, who tried to reach me but were grabbed and held hostage. But now they were let go.

Now the pool was like a regular, old indoor pool. The woman were now someone like David Bowie.

Dream 2

I was in a car or train with my mom and brother. We were in a hilly part of the desert, which was crisscrossed by old steam trains. The sky was purple and thundery. In the backs of our seats were TVs. I was afraid even to be "driving," let alone to turn on the TVs, because of the thunder.

But my brother, who was now my crew mate MG, turned on the TV. But then he walked away. I had been talking bad about him. Now he didn't want to share his TV knowledge with me. But I eventually found a show we both liked. I hoped by watching it I could get him to come back.

Dream 3

I was in some dim upstairs art-workshop-type room with a group of people at widely spaced folding chairs and folding tables. Old paintings hung from the ceiling or were propped up on thin easels. A teacher who looked like Angelica Huston had just assigned us to come up with a small skit in reaction to the work we had just seen.

(After a couple skits?) a guy who looked like Owen Wilson stood and said he was going to give his sketch now, so all should be prepared. he walked out the door and was gone for a few seconds.

When he came back in, the teacher was indignant. She said, "That's just a lazy way of getting out of doing a sketch like everybody else."

I said, "No. He's doing a whole sketch based on the plot of a very popular children's book. He just needed to go outside to prepare."

She said, "Oh. That's a wonderful idea."

"Owen" had a bunch of blankets and a children's book in his arms.

Everything was now over. I was hiding somewhere in the workshop. I had gotten dressed in a woman's blue sweater, something like a pink scarf over that, and a maroon, satiny pair of boy-shorts. But someone had spotted me and said they already knew all about me. So I walked along a darkened area with light shining dimly on some tiered displays.

I headed to the bathroom. As I walked up to a urinal I saw, at the far end, Alfred Hitchcock walk out of what looked like a shower area. I waved at him with my right hand, then looked back down to the urinal, hoping Hitchcock wouldn't notice either that I was only half-dressed or that I was only dressed in women's clothes.

(Entered in paper journal at 7:30 AM at home in Harlem.)

Dream 4

I was running a marathon with everybody from my NYC Americorps program. None of our shoes fit and all of our laces were untied. we had to run a little slower just to keep our shoes on.

We finally got to the final track. The stadium was empty. MG and I were in the lead by a pretty good distance. I thought MG would bolt ahead. I thought he couldn't be having as much trouble with his shoes as I was, and that now he'd finally bolt to the finish. But he actually fell back.

I ran to the finish, which was actually down some stairs to the ramps for the levels of seating. All around me were Mexican workers with brooms, mops, and dustpans. None of them even paid attention to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment